Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Exciting TEMPEST release and YOU could be a winner!

Woo hoo, the new Jane True is out! Tracking the Tempest by my pal Nicole Peeler was officially released today, even though it's been shipping and appearing in bookstores all week. Yeah!

As I noted in a previous write-up, this series has taken its place in my pantheon of shiny, sexy, go-to series, right next to Kresley Cole's and Charlaine Harris's. I have a book buy planned this weekend and Tracking is at the top of my list!

In fact, in total OCD fashion, I plan to get Tracking at the same bookstore I got Tempest Rising from. It's a bookstore I rarely go to, but I feel compelled. This is a new form of book OCD. Look at me, biotches! I'm pioneering new forms of OCD! But enough about me. Back to Nicole.

The word on the street: TTT kicks ass:
From Publisher's Weekly: “Peeler’s chick lit tone adds sparkle to the most spine-tingling scenes with a style that never strikes a false note, and the seamless plot weaves together Jane’s paranormal and personal growth while linking both to the swelling suspense.”

From Bibliopunkk: "I just finished a treat - Tracking the Tempest by Nicole Peeler. It's an excellent and fun read from Peeler for the second time in a row, I'm happy to broadcast."


Melissa of My World...in Words and Pages calls it "a fantastic fast paced fun ride with terrific action and love."

I knew it would be good. And here, for your perusal, in case you haven't started the series, from my write-up of yore:

Three things I loved about Tempest Rising, Book #1:

1. Jane True is a vulnerable, fascinating and totally compelling heroine. I enjoyed her careful intelligence, as well as her unabashed love of eating and other sensual pleasures.

2. This book featured my favorite kind of love triangle, where both options are hugely attractive, but you definitely know who the hero is. A very low-angst triangle that lets you stop and smell the roses.

3. Yummy imaginative world building with dashes of smutty goodness all along the way.

The contest! Enter to win A copy of Tracking the Tempest!
Okay, instead of buying ONE copy this weekend at the store where I must buy Jane Trues, I will buy TWO copies, therefore thwarting the OCD mojo and spreading the Tempest goodness all that the same time! How do you enter? Just leave a comment, my friends. But the contest closes Friday morning whenever I get up and turn on my computer. And, this is a US or Canada one.

32 comments:

Tynga said...

Please count me in! I really loved the first book =D

TyngaUF(a)gmail.com

Vicki S said...

Ah yes. We must fulfill those OCD pleasures. Count me in too!

Enchanted by Books said...

Hey Carolyn!
I LOVEDDDDDD the first book and can't wait to read TTT! Please count me in!

Jacqueline C. said...

Ooooo, I love Jane True! Throw my name in the hat, please!

Renee said...

LOVED book 1, and am so excited that Tracking the Tempest is out!

Sign me up, please. :-)

(and, thanks for hosting!)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. :) I think if you enjoyed Tempest Rising you will love this one. :) And thank you so much for the link over to my blog review. :)

Glad to hear you are creating new OCD's with books. ;) I was starting to think I was the only one to do those. Enjoy!

Skitty.jann said...

Love me some Nicole Peeler! And Congrats on the OCD Trailblazing!

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Count me in too! And yay for the bookstore run... I haven't indulged myself with one of those in a while!

mdwartistry at yahoo dot com

Christine said...

Oh yes. Please please please pick me!! I already have the first TEMPEST book and simply have to have the second! ^_^

Thanks for the chance!

kylie said...

I'm so glad I don't have to be a closet OCD chick now that it's a little more accepted. But that's a whole other story. I've been meaning to pick up the first book just because I love the cover art. Anyway, if I'm lucky to win a copy of book 2...well, I'll be a very happy OCD chick.

Kristie said...

Please include me. Loved the first one!

Anonymous said...

Ooo! I can't wait for this one. Count me in

Hawkeyegirl said...

I'm in! Haven't read the first one yet (I know I know- the TBR pile has become a monster. Honestly, I'm scared of it sometimes) but I know me and I will be panting for the sequel once I finally get to it. Thanks for the awesome giveaway!

tetewa said...

I'd like to be included, count me in! tWarner419@aol.com

Natasha A. said...

Ohh! the incentive I need to get the first one! :D

Barbara E. said...

I loved Tempest Rising and I'm so looking forward to Tracking the Tempest. I'd love to win a copy.

Chris said...

Not entering - but is this an Uncle Hugo's run?!?

throuthehaze said...

I loved the first book and can't wait to read this one!
throuthehaze at gmail dot com

As I Lay Bleeding said...

Please enter me!!! Thank you!!

nedsped@verizon.net

Stacey Smith said...

count me in I so want this book.

sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com

donnas said...

Great contest. Thanks for the chance!

bacchus76 at myself dot com

Bethany C. said...

I've heard great things about Jane- I'd love to win!

b(dot)cardone(at)hotmail

k_sunshine1977 said...

please enter me! i've heard such good things about this series, and the covers are adorable! i didn't used to have such a love for covers - but they've been so beautiful lately....

k_sunshine1977 at yahoo dot com

doreen lamoureux said...

I would love to read this. Thanks. I cannot seem to find the link to subscribe by email.

dorcontest at gmail dot com

cksknitter said...

I just discovered your blog and would love to read this one.
knittoday(at)hotmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

Please enter me in contest. Sounds like a very good book. Tore923@aol.com

Kwana said...

This sounds wonderful. Great reviews.

Amanda Leigh said...

Oh! Me wants, me wants! I finally remembered to actually enter this myself lol. I loved the first one and have been looking forward to this release!
notreallysouthernvampchick(at)gmail(dot)com

Angelique said...

Count me in...love Jane True!

willowwind@gmail.com

Karen W. said...

Ooh, I've been waiting for this book and would love to win a copy!

Thanks for the contest!

karenwitkowski AT aol(dot)com

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

I'd love a copy, please, please, please

Unknown said...

I want one!