1. Distracted by a surprise meeting with Nicole Peeler at the New Orleans airport, I forget to meet my galpal Julie at our arranged rendezvous time for our ride together from the airport to the hotel.
|Gah! This type of hotel layout |
makes it REALLY hard to get to your panels!
3. I have four back-to-back panels starting in five minutes that I haven't prepared for.
4. I can't find the schedule of panels anyway.
5. When I find the schedule, the hotel layout makes no sense. Thanks a lot, Stella, for booking a hotel designed by M.C. Escher!
6. I only brought this one black dress to wear, and it is full of cat hair.
7. All the panels are in one large room, with lots of people sitting at tables, and I don't know anybody there.
8. I go through the whole conference not seeing any of my League of Reluctant Adults buddies, except, of course, evilly distracting Nicole, who started all the trouble in the first place.
Needless to say, I am not ready, and I have a million things to complete before I can even start to get ready! I shouldn't even be blogging right now. Even typing this right now, my chest tightens up and I forget to breath. Nevertheless, I am really excited. Don't worry, Julie, I won't leave you at the airport!!
image: Isometric Flaw by Icey, from Wikipedia Commons