Saturday, April 20, 2013

Against the Dark: release weekend!!

Against the Dark, the first book in my new romantic suspense series, is here! 

This series follows the Association, an undercover organization of badass agents who use their expertise in nerdy things like logistics and linguistics (as well as plenty of muscle and firepower) to fight international crime. And they get tangled up with strong, smart heroines. Every book in the series stands alone.

Against the Dark (Book #1 of the Associates) 62k words, $2.99

ebook: Kindle | Nook | Kobo | ARE | Smashwords | Sony

print: Books #1 &  #2 will appear in print together this summer



SHE’S AN EX-SAFECRACKER FORCED INTO ONE LAST HEIST

Angel Ramirez left the safecracking game five years ago, and she’s worked hard to make amends and build an honest life. But when a beloved aunt is kidnapped, she must reunite with her girl gang to acquire the unique ransom: Walter Borgola’s prized diamonds. It’s a simple job that turns into a nightmare, thanks to a surprisingly clever—and searingly sexy—security guard named Cole Hawkins.

HE’S AN UNDERCOVER AGENT WITH BIG PLANS FOR HIS GORGEOUS THIEF

Cole is one of the Association’s most brilliant agents, under deep cover investigating a ruthless killer. He’s also running out of time: hundreds will die if he doesn’t stop the plan Borgola’s set into motion. Catching Angel is the break he needed–he promises not to turn her in if she poses as his lover and uses her unique talents to unlock the sociopath’s dungeon vaults.

But as pretend passions turn real, Cole regrets drawing Angel into his deadly game…and danger is closer than either of them could ever imagine.



I didn't round up any author blurbs for this one. But I so loved something that one of my critique partners, Jeffe, said on the version she read:

"... I think it’s the best thing you’ve written since Dis. It might be better than Dis." 
-Author Jeffe Kennedy, on critique copy

This made me so happy, especially coming from the woman who once told me to completely dump an entire 50% of a book. (It was an Annika Martin book, and, yes, it was good advice that I followed.)

Anyway, it's out! *wipes fevered brow*

My mom is in town for the weekend, so I'm barely going to be around. We are going to see the movie Quartet today and bang around Minneapolis together. I will also be stuffing my face like a pig and trying to relax.

I hope everybody has such a lovely weekend. Special thanks to my early readers who won the ARCs  in my contest! And also, thanks to everybody else who has been so supportive.

XXOO
Carolyn

No comments: