Thursday, November 17, 2011

Contest, Q&A, and Cat pics!



I'm over at Kindle-aholics today!  As part of the festivities of her Disillusionist re-read, I'm visiting her blog and answering questions, and we're giving away a Head Rush digital ARC to one lucky commenter (to be delivered when ARCs become available, which isn't yet). You don't have to be part of the Goodreads reread group to enter, but you get an extra entry if you are!

Also, the Disillusionists re-read group she started on Goodreads is just beginning Double Cross, book #2, so if you want to join in or are just starting it, now is a great time. I understand they are having some fun discussions!!

And, what kind of a bookish girl writer would I be without showing you cat pictures? 

Here is Oblio, admiring my new desk light from Ikea. He very much wants to to bite it here, but apparently it's not optimally positioned. This was actually a moment of truth, because if he had found it satisfying to chew, I would have had to slather it with habenero tabasco sauce. If you come to my house, you will find mysterious red stuff on all cords. 



Here he actually is attempting to bite it. Luckily it didn't really work out, unlike, oh, my iPod recharging cord, which he bit in half yesterday. *sob* But, I think this is kind of a cool photo. 

Hey, I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!!

10 comments:

Chris said...

Bad kitty!!! Good thing he's cute, huh?

Carolyn Crane said...

Yes! A very good thing. And, lucky he is the softest cat on Grand Avenue!!

Chris said...

LOL! And now the REAL reason you and Mr Crane moved comes out... ;p

Carolyn Crane said...

You know what's funny? Tiberius is getting softer. We might have to have a rematch. Or, a tag team softness match!

Chris said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

When will you release Ch. 1 on your website?

Mardel said...

LOL - what a mischevious little devil! I've never had a cat that liked to chew power cords. My dog, catches moths and flies though - not that special, I guess. But he also hunts spiders.....

Anyway, those were great pics. :)

B.E. Sanderson said...

He may be naughty, but he looks like a great cat. And what kind of feline would he be if he wasn't at least a little naughty? (I say as I sit here amid a solo rendition of 'feed me' meows from my portly diva.)

Carolyn Crane said...

Anonymous: I just wrote my publisher about that. It's in the print proofing process with them right now. I am hoping very much to be free to put these ducks in a row before Thanksgiving!! Including the first chapter.

Mardel: Catching moths is an awesome trick, especially if you have lots of wool sweaters in the house!

BE: Poor portly diva! You're online instead of feeding her? lol

Tez Miller said...

Oblio, don't go into the light!