Thursday, June 19, 2014

Into the Shadows - the awesomely beautiful cover & other details!

Following my vow to never again announce a release date until a book is actually with my proofreader (because of what we’ll call the Off the Edge constantly moving release date due to perfectionistic tendencies incident), I’m pleased to announce that Associates #3, entitled INTO THE SHADOWS, has a tentative release date of the week of July 15th for ebook and paperback. This is Thorne's story.

I am crazy about this yummy cover, which was created by Amber of BookBeautiful.com. I love the mood of velvety, gritty richness she achieved, and the drama, and how it pops, and she even added true-to-the-tale tattoos. Plus, the attitude of Thorne here is pitch perfect. 

This is by far the most dramatic book I have ever written (in my mind, anyway!), and I am just crazy about this hero. That sounds like something an author might say about every book, doesn’t it? But I’m really not just saying it!! And it’s almost here! 

***
HE’S A KILLER.

Thorne McKelvey knows exactly how Nadia sees him—as a brute and a killer just kinky enough to play her sexy games. And that’s how it has to stay. Leaving her was the hardest thing he ever did, but his undercover mission could blow up at any second. No way will he drag Nadia down with him.

SHE CAN’T RISK HER HEART.

Maybe it was foolish to fall in love with her late father’s deadliest henchman, but Nadia Volkov’s not sorry; without Thorne she wouldn’t have their beautiful little boy. There’s nothing she won’t do to protect Benny, which means she must hide his identity—especially from his father. 

Now Thorne has burst back into her home, searching for clues to a gangland mystery…and stirring a hunger Nadia hasn’t felt in two years. But Benny’s identity isn’t the only secret she’s keeping, and things are turning deadly. Can Thorne and Nadia trust each other long enough to stay alive and have a chance at happiness?

***

My proofreader is a wonderfully prompt person, so I should have it back in early July at which point I will:
  1. Read it over yet again, making myself so wildly tired of reading it I will not be able to see straight, because I’ve only read it 100 times and it will feel like clawing my way to the finish line. 
  2. Lovingly format the print edition.
  3. Order and inspect print proofs.
  4. Finish up formatting the final digital editions and test them and read them some more. 
  5. My eyes fall out!

As noted, it should be live around the week of July 15th. Yippee! I hope you enjoy it! If you are the sort who likes to read chapters early, you can read the first two chapters on my site.  

xo
Carolyn

**Reviewers: this title will be on Netgalley for a limited time; also, feel free to contact me about review copies at carolyn (at) authorcarolyncrane.com

3 comments:

KT Grant said...

*drool* That is some hot cover you have there.

Jen Twimom said...

OH. MY. GOD. *gulp*

I cannot wait!!

Jeffe Kennedy said...

SO VERY HOT!