Anyway, I started last week reading Meljean Brook’s complex and beautiful and sometimes dark (but deliciously so) Demon Moon, and then this freak avalanche of freelance work hit. It was SIX days of demanding dawn-to-night work.
My brain got so fried so fast that I saved Demon Moon for later and picked up Evanovich’s Eleven on Top for two reasons:
- One, when you have a good and rich book like Demon Moon, you don’t want to read it when you’re drunk right? The same goes for being mentally fried. You just don’t want to miss out.
- Two, after all my intense mental strain, I needed something really bright and fast. Something more on the order of Cheese Doodles, that you sort of tear through, as opposed to a spicy seared tuna with mango sauce that you savor. Shit, did I just insult both authors? I didn’t mean to! I love you both!
Anyway, I finished Eleven, turned in a whole bunch of stuff yesterday went to bed and dug back to Demon Moon just at the point about 60% of the way through where Colin takes Savi to his home. Let me just say that was a MAJOR TREAT of a scene. Those of you who have read this book will know exactly what I mean. I will probably blog about it later, like sycophantic fan I am.
Okay, I have reviewed my week. In the last 6 days, I:
- Thought up 10 advertising campaign ideas for a leisure products company, followed by a session with my brainstorm partner to develop more.
- Wrote four 60-second radio ads for that company, and supplied print and billboard concepts to go with it.
- Conducted 12 interviews and wrote 12 separate little articles about local businesses.
- Thought of 5 Earth Day promo campaign ideas for a major food brand, more brainstorming with my brainstorm partner. Do I sound like Darrin Stevens? No, try Gladys from next door (was that her name?) or maybe that doddering aunt.
- Wrote three 30-second radio ads for a hotel and edited three others down to time.
- Wrote a chunk of a website and some case study stuff for a high-tech firm.
Please don't ask me why:
Here is the wallpaper I have on there now, that I just put on this morning to reflect my improved mood, partly due to a most delicious night with Demon Moon:
Okay, this is sort of an incoherent post. So PS/update to Lisabea: I haven't forgotten about the craft you won! However, I don't feel I can do a proper craft based on Demon Moon per your contest prize until I finish it. But the wheels are turning. The time is coming!