Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thanks, reading probs, awards and a NEW reviewer joins the team!

First off, I want to thank everybody who voted on my behalf for Iron Kissed and Spymaster! Wow, those contests were both so close! I am really grateful to all of you!

Now the contest is between me and Jennifer over at Jennifer's Random Musings. Jennifer is really sweet, and the one she picked for ultimate winner, Spymaster's Lady, is one of my fave ever books. But of course I want Iron Kissed to win. So does Christine over at Happily Ever After -- she'll win the second chance drawing if Iron Kissed is the champ!

Reading trouble!
I finished Made to be Broken by Kelley Armstrong, (reviewed below) which was so excellent and engrossing. In fact, it sort of spoiled me, because afterwards, I didn't want to read any other book except the next one in the series, which probably isn't even finished yet. I picked up and put down a number of very worthy books from my TBR because I was only in the mood for Nadia.

So now I'm cleansing my palate with Married by Arrangement, which came to me from Tumperkin via Sula. Back cover:

Married in haste
...for his passionate pleasure.

And it has an orphan baby, and she's a virgin, but he thinks she's a slut! Will he realize the truth? The cover doesn't look like the one here - it's the Mills & Boon edition.

The Zombie Chicken Award!
I won the Zombie Chicken Award over at Marg's Reading Adventures!! Thanks Marg! (Marg also won the Premio Dardos. Be careful, Marg!!) Anyway, the Zombie Chicken:

The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all...
I'm awarding:
  • Leslie at Leslie's Psyche - she's a voracious reader, and always comes out with insightful reviews on a great variety of books.
  • Barbara at Happily Forever After - She started blogging at the same time I did, and wow, her blog is rocking. Great contests and reviews.
  • Orianna over at Walkabout - always some fun content and I like the eclectic book selection.
  • JenniferY at Jennifer's Random Musings - My foe in the DABWAHA! I'm enjoying her blog: she finds a lot of cool out-of-the-way (at least to me) books to read and review.
  • Sharrow at Rain on the Roof - She reviews a wonderfully eclectic mix of books, heavy on the M/M, and she is also passionate about art and illustration, and frequently reviews that.

All the cool bloggers are doing it!
Recently Jessica at Racy Romance Reviews brought on Tumperkin from Isn't It Romance as new reviewer, and Tracy from Tracy's Place frequently pops in at The Book Binge to do reviews.

I thought, Gosh, I want a new guest reviewer, too. Somebody to help out here at The Thrillionth Page. And I found one.

Welcome Miss Doreen!
I was thrilled when Little CJ recommended her distant cousin, Miss Doreen. So please help me welcome Miss Doreen! I asked Miss Doreen to come up with a profile to add to the sidebar, so that readers could get to know her better, and here it is:

Profile:
Miss Doreen is not at all interested in books about menages, and especially not cowboy menages.
She'll be reviewing Long Hard Ride by Lorelei James later this week, and on the 9th, she'll be interviewing Ann Aguirre!

14 comments:

KT Grant said...

*holds stomach because she is laughing too hard*
I heart you CJ.

Sarai said...

I can't wait to read the review LOL.

Carolyn Crane said...

KB: Yes, I'm very curious what she'll say about LHR.

Sarai: Hiya Sarai!

Jill Sorenson said...

Who could NOT like cowboy menages? Saddle up, Miss Doreen!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! Get out! I so look up to you and your blogging/reviewing skills.

Thank you so much, Carolyn! You rock ;)

Kwana said...

Congrats on your award and Welcome to Miss Doreen. Smooches!:)

Joanna Chambers said...

I think Miss Doreen will add some (I'm sorry to say, much needed) gravitas to your blog. I for one am looking forward to reading her thoughts on the use of a yeeha-spitroast as a metaphor for the decline of modern society.

I'm so glad you're trying out La Graham. I'm sure that's the one with the heroine who has a tattoo and is looking after the hero's nephew(?) in a caravan. Sort of like a double chocolate-chocolate chip cake with white chocolate topping and extra chocolate sprinkles. Thank Miss Doreen, they're never more than 190 pages!

Renee said...

Congrats on the award, and welcome, Miss Doreen.

Since she's not so into the cowboy menage, maybe some James Lear would be more her cuppa tea? O.O

orannia said...

Congrats on the award CJ and welcome Miss Doreen. I too am looking forward to the review :)

Oh, and thank you so much for the award - I'm VERY honoured. I will try and continue the ecletic content...which probably won't be too difficult considering the state of my brain *grin*

Carolyn Crane said...

Jill: LOL. Miss Doreen will most certainly NOT be saddling up!

Barbara: Oh, back at you!

Kwana: Miss Doreen sends smooches to you!

Tumperkin: **Scribbling fiercely** yeeha-spitroast as a metaphor for the decline of modern society. Yes! Also, yes, that is the one! The tattoo, the caravan!

Renee: I can sense that Miss Doreen might want to write an open letter to James Lear on the subject.

Orianna: Snort. You are in an eclectic state of mind?

Leslie said...

Hello Miss Doreen and welcome. I'm very interested in reading your reviews, especially since Little CJ recommend you. :)

Thanks so much CJ for The Zombie Chicken Award. How cool is that?

And did someone mention cowboy menages? I'm soooo there!

Jennifer Y. said...

Thanks so much for the kind words and for the award!

Tracy said...

Dear Lord I shudder to think what Miss Doreen will say about LHR after reading her profile. That'll make for some good reading, that's for sure!

You crack me up CJ! Too funny!

Serena said...

congrats on the awards and I'm happy that the contest is going well.