Saturday, May 2, 2009

Reading vampire and zombie novels: a waste of time? NOT!

You have been picking up valuable, useful self defense skills!

Favorite lines: "I only need 3-5 seconds to tear enough flesh from the face so that, emotionally, he is out of the fight." (2:40) the mechanics of biting as exemplified by fierce dogs (near the middle), and the end when he practices on a raw steak tied to his opponent and then, the raw steak itself.



According to my martial arts aficionado husband, there's also a whole move where guys just jump onto a person and literally go for the jugular. OMG! I also rather like the tires in the background for the extra streety effect. 

Actually, the discussion of avoiding the pesky hydroplaning effect when attempting to tear at a guy's flesh could actually be useful to anyone writing books featuring zombies or miscellaneous non-pointy-tooth biting paranormals. 

11 comments:

Lea said...

WTH?

I've tried to format some comment of worth 3 times Carolyn.

I.... Yikes...

I hope these guys are up to date with their tetnus shots.

Best Regards
L

Carolyn Crane said...

Lea: LOL. Yeah, no doubt!

RfP said...

I'm a little disappointed at the inelegance. For myself, I would prefer some instruction on biting more in this vein... so to speak.

writtenwyrdd said...

The constant use of the term 'mount' is so funny that I couldn't take this as seriously as it deserves. Thanks for sharing this, because it's a great reminder of human nature. People do overlook the usefulness of being willing to bite. The biggest problem is not that people lack biting technique, but that they mentally do not consider their teeth as a weapon.

T

Carolyn Crane said...

RfP: Funny. That's quite the picture! And what precisely does she have in mind for him now???

WW: Yes, there are those "mounting" tones to this. In a way, I think it's actually helpful to know about this - you never know when you need it. It's interesting that animals will go to biting and clawing pretty fast, but humans don't. How do apes fight?

Tracy said...

mmmmmm......mount! lol

CJ, I'm with Lea! lol

orannia said...

Hmmmm. Perhaps biting is instinctive and as humans have evolved we've moved away from instinctive fighting...I mean, we usually use weapons...I'm looking at this far too seriously, aren't I :)

RfP said...

CJ, I can't imagine what she has in mind. No, not at all.

Shaymless Aymless said...

Eerr...

Okay after all the snickering due to all that "mounting" and hip action...

Eerrr...

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, this was weird...very much so :)

Joanna Chambers said...

I am laughing so hard! So many great lines in this:

"I've got my base, now I can be punching the face - with impunity".

"I can be biting and eye-gouging till next Christmas"

Oh and if you play it with the sound off it takes on a whole new meaning. Particularly the bit where he shows how to 'get your hooks in'. Fab.