Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Another nomination! And, a podcast!

When you are a writer, sometimes you have Good Book Days, at least that's what I call them in my mind. Good Book Days can happen from a kind tweet or comment about your book, or the feeling that somebody is really engaging with it, or just feeling like, wow, a book is on my shelf that I wrote. Two books!

So far, this week is shaping up to be a very Good Book Week! There was the AAD nomination, and I have now learned Double Cross was nominated for Best Urban Fantasy 2010 by RT Magazine! I'm so happy and excited!!

I have not seen a list to see who else is nominated, but I do understand that several of my pals from around Reluctant Adult and Twitterland are also up for awards: Dakota Cassidy, Michelle Rowen, Michele Bardsley, Megan Hart, Mark Henry, Jeanne Stein, and Molly Harper! Wildest Congrats!


The Functional Nerds Podcast 
Also super cool and flattering: last week I sat down to record a podcast with Internet Gurus Patrick Hester and John Anealio about books, writing, urban fantasy as a genre, social media, querying and more. These guys run such a fun show, and  tend to have really interesting guests - musicians, writers, people with ideas on social media, technology, sci fi and more. And then there's me. LOL.  Download it here! 


I tend to be a bit deer-in-headlightsy when it comes to extemporaneous speaking, but John and Patrick were just so fun and cool. Their series tends to be really excellent. The week before was Jaym Gates & Erika Holt on their Rigor Amortis Collection. And just before that, a great episode with Neil Clarke.  


And then, this one with Fred Kiesche and Mike Ferrante was really really interesting just from a social media point of view. I feel like I learned so much from it. I might actually listen to it twice. 

Image: John Flynn and Virginia Moore; public domain image from Wiki Media

8 comments:

KT Grant said...

I am squeeing for you!! Team Cucumber and Kabob for the win :)

Anonymous said...

I knew it! I knew it! We all knew it! Double Cross is an AWESOME book and it is well deserving of this nomination! Congrats!

SciFiGuy said...

Congrats on the noms! You worked hard and more than desrve them.

orannia said...

Congrats on the nominations! Fantastic news!

Carolyn Crane said...

Thanks so much you guys! I was really excited and happy - such a huge surprise, too!!

Penny Watson said...

Awesome news, Carolyn! Sooooo happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Double Cross so deserves it!!!


Stephanie G

Kaetrin said...

Congratulations Carolyn! Hope you win :)