Here are some questions at the top of my mind lately as I revise. Feel free to weigh in!
1. 40-something years in the future, will they still use the terms:
- Freak out as in, "don't freak out about my messy car."
- Shit, as in, "oh, shit."
- Angsting, as in, "he's angsting about his job again."
- Will they still say wow, and if not, any suggestions?
2. I'm getting that there won't be phones, but rather a single small device that does everything and hooks to stations, or is carried around in a pocket. (In my book it's called a cometz.) But when somebody calls a person on their cometz, will people still say it's ringing? I sometimes think about it toning, but I hate tone as a verb. Currently, I just work around it.
3. Will people still wear watches?
4. Will there still be paper or hemp-print magazines, or will it all be digital? I have a magazine scene, and I need them to be paper, but I worry about that.
5. Will all supermarket and store checkouts be digitized, or will humans still be involved?