Thursday, February 25, 2010

The first ever review of Mind Games- at RT!!

I was SO excited to get news of this review at Romantic Times Magazine, giving Mind Games 4.5 stars!! So excited and relieved and everything in between. Also, I really love Annette Elton's summary of the book.

Okay, I don't plan on posting every review of the book here on The Thrillionth Page, but but but...

The Review:

Wow! Crane's writing style brings to mind old-school noir, with the compelling attitude of superheroes from a graphic novel. A masterful blend of dark and light, good and bad and all the grays in between, it will draw readers thoroughly into her tale, as they root for the good guys -- while trying to figure out just who the good guys are. The ending promises more adventures, and that is a very good thing. 4.5 stars

Summary:

Justine is a hypochondriac of infinite proportions. She's lured into a restaurant, Mongolian Delites, by Packard Sterling, who promises he can teach her to channel her fears, but in exchange, she must work for him. Packard leads a team of disillusionists who are hired by those who have been the victim of a crime. The team zings their fears and anxieties into the criminal, and the result is a total collapse.

Justine isn't interested in Packard's troupe until she gets a taste of the peace he can promise. She's also extremely attracted to Packard, but he has lied too many times. As she learns more about this mysterious man, Justine becomes determined to uncover all his secrets. (BANTAM SPECTRA, Mar., 384 pp., $7.99)

—Annette Elton
Yay!! Happy Dance! Whirling around! *klunk*

36 comments:

Chris said...

That klunk sounded omininous... You ok there, CJ???

Congrats on teh awesome review! :)

Carolyn Crane said...

What klunk? LOL. Thanks Chris!

meljean brook said...

Twirling around is completely warranted. So is chocolate and champagne. Congrats :-)

Donna said...

Congrats on 4.5 stars! I'm so happy and excited for you. (^_^)

Heather (DarklyReading) said...

Congrats on the review! I'm excited to read the book when it comes out!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Congratulations on the great review! I can't wait to read the book! *raises diet coke in a toast to your success*

Leslie said...

Whirling right there with you! Big Congrats!!!

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE For CJ!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine Snoopy doing the Happy Dance for you!!!

Did I hear a bottle pop!?!?!

Christine said...

Congratulations, CJ!!!!! I'm so excited for you and can hardly wait for it's release! xoxo

Easy on the klunking, there, k? ;)

Lea said...

Congratulations CJ!!

WooHoo!!! What a stellar review.

I'm so looking forward to the read!!

WOOT
L

Carolyn Crane said...

Hey! I really so appreciate you guys for stopping over and sharing my news! You make it fun to HAVE fun news! *passes the chocolates and champagne*

Chris said...

*sneezes from bubbles tickling nose*

Kati said...

Hurray, CJ! I'm so pleased for you! Can't wait to read Mind Games for myself and see what the hoopla is about!

You go girl!

Lori said...

Yay you!! Congratulations!!

Mandi said...

Awesome!!!!

Angiegirl said...

Oh, CJ, that is awesome! Congratulations! I can't wait to read it.

KT Grant said...

So, so happy for you my friend :) Can't wait to see more wonderful reviews to be posted here.

VampFanGirl said...

Woot! Congratulations!!

Penny Watson said...

Rock on!!!! Fantastic!

lisabea said...

::highfive;;

So. Excited.

WickedLilPixie said...

Sooo freaking happy for you!

Carolyn Crane said...

Hey thanks!

Jill Sorenson said...

Wow, dude!! 4 and 1/2 is the best there is at RT. You are the master!!

Joanna Chambers said...

Felicitations, young dragon.

Nicola O. said...

4.5 stars!! That is FANTASTIC!! You must be floating on air. Congrats!

Stacy~ said...

Awesome news Carolyn! Can I have you sign my copy of RT magazine? You know, now that you're a star? *g*

Rosie said...

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!

Marg said...

That is fantastic! Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! I know it's going to be great, can't wait to take a peek myself!!

Sweet 4.5!

Dottie :)

Kris said...

Yay CJ! That's awesome. :D

Renee said...

Awesome, CJ!

Big hugs for you. :-)

Rebecca @ DSB said...

You know what I do when I see a 4.5 star review on RT? I put it on my list to read. I hope this series takes off like gangbusters, I can't wait to read it myself.

Enchanted by Books said...

AWESOME news Carolyn!!! YAYYYYY!!! Big congrats!!

Taja said...

Great review. Congratulations! :D

orannia said...

Congrats! That's fantastic. Oh, and I love the sound of all the grey!

prashant said...

So is chocolate and champagne. Congrats

your healthy choice