Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Paranormal Roundtable, happening today!

I can't even tell you how excited I am to be joining a group of really amazing authors as a panelist in the Paranormal Roundtable at Suvudu today.

Participating authors:
Kelley Armstrong, Jenna Black, Diana Rowland, Lucy Snyder, Alex Prentiss. And me!

The gang of us will likely be discussing books, genre trends, covers, inspirations, various contentious issues that have been cropping up at the intersection of SFF and UF, and oh! lord knows what else.

Illustrative metaphor
So, at this one supermarket where I shop, there are these little kid-sized carts that children can push alongside their parent's big cart, and the little kid carts all have a flag that sticks up that reads, "I'm shopping, too!"

LOL, that is a little bit of how I feel. I mean, it's not like I even have a book out yet! However, I will try to have fun and be thoughtful about the genre and try not to stick my foot in my mouth.

Everyone is invited to come, and to ask questions, or just hang out. I think it will be really cool! If you can't make it, it will be up afterwards. But if you want to be there live, it's at 4pm EST today, Wednesday February 17th, at Suvudu.

12 comments:

Chris said...

I'll be there in spirit! In reality, I'll be vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom, since I have company coming over this evening and won't start cleaning until after work today. (I am SO predictable.) You'll be teh awesum!

Carolyn Crane said...

LOL. Good luck cleaning! Have fun tonight.

Chris said...

Heh, we're going to admire each other's new linux versions on our laptops/netbooks and then knit and eat chocolate. Woot!

Oh, the veri word is a real word! verses

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, I can see you with them right now :)

Mardel said...

Hey, one more month until your book comes out. Getting super excited? I'm looking forward to it.

Ellz said...

That was a lot of fun, glad I went.

Renee said...

I had to go in to work today, but I caught the replay. You did great, CJ! :-)

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

This is a very cool Idea but unfortunatly I missed it. I came over to spread some controversioal love and play a game....

Tag your it....

http://sweetvernalzephyr.blogspot.com/2009/10/friday-56_16.html

Only if you want to, of course I would never strong arm anyone into showing off eye candy if that is not their style, but please come over and enjoy mine!

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

This is a very cool Idea but unfortunatly I missed it. I came over to spread some controversioal love and play a game....

Tag your it....

http://sweetvernalzephyr.blogspot.com/2009/10/friday-56_16.html

Only if you want to, of course I would never strong arm anyone into showing off eye candy if that is not their style, but please come over and enjoy mine!

Hilcia said...

I was there and stayed for about half of it. It was really great! I'll be catching up with the rest. When I left you were doing great CJ!

Kwana said...

Congrats. It sounds wonderful.

Rebecca @ DSB said...

I am bummed that I missed this, but congrats on getting to sit at the adult table now. I can't believe Mind Games is almost here. This spring is going to rock!