Monday, February 1, 2010

The Madness of Book bloggers

One of the funnest things about being a book blogger is just gushing senselessly over books to people who understand. Or wonking out on the tiny little details. Comparing and contrasting with other books with titles that most of the public would be like, WTF?

Who knows, maybe we're all actually crazy, all us book bloggers, with our freak TBR piles and fierce readerly opinions, but because we've found each other, we think we're totally normal. (Of course, I also have a split personality on top of the madness, since I'm part author, but that's another story.)

Indiscreet discussion
Case in point, the Carolyn Jewel frenzy that started last year between Lea, Renee, Christine and me, where we passed around a tattered copy of Scandal, then bought our own copies to keep or give away in contests.

This year, with Indiscreet, we all decided to rush out and buy it and review it concurrently. We even VOIPed about it. It was a blast, and I'm really grateful these smart, fun women let me be in on the festivities. And also, thanks to Carolyn Jewel for some serious reading pleasure. I liked Indiscreet even more than Scandal.

Read, eat, WIN:
Discussion over at Lea's Closetwriter - plus, you can leave a comment there to win!
Giveaway at Renee's B0ok Addiction - leave a comment there to win!
Find a fabulous recipe of something yummy the characters in Indiscreet actually ate at Christine's, (The Happily Ever After).
Here: Imagine me doing an interpretive dance.

11 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Yea you are right... we are a bit crazy, but in our own minds because we have found each other... like bloggers... we are normal! At least we share a love of book... or should I say obsession!!
Have a great day!

Armenia said...

Carolyn, I'm another crazed and avid romance reader/blogger. That was an amazing post and discussion over at Lea's. Thanks for sharing and throughly enjoyed it.

SCANDAL is looking at me right now, and it is definitely on top of my TBR pile. With the discussion and reviews, I've got to catch up.

Chris said...

But because you are not the only one, you are normal. Yay for book bloggers! :)

Lea said...

LOL Great post CJ!

Thanks for the pimp and taking time to chat with us..

It's been a great time.

Glad you enjoyed ladies. ;)

Best
L

Erotic Horizon said...

I agree with you Carolyn - I recently found a RL person who I chat book with and it is the most surreal experience just to gush about book and have that in joke that puts a smile on your face...

I am glad this book did it for you ladies and not happy to do it once you did it again and now you are sharing it with us..

Trhanks..

E.H>

Christine said...

This was so much fun to do. Not only did I love the book, but I loved the way it brought the four of us together to talk it up!

Since I've already apparently VOIPed... what exactly does that mean?

Renee said...

lol, I love your interpretive dance! Especially, the colored scarves you're waiving around. Very belly dancer meets Isadora Duncan. ;-)

It was a blast working together again on a project!

Blodeuedd said...

Must go over to Lea's place to see what you girls were talking about, something juicy I bet ;)

Hilcia said...

Love the dance, CJ! Loved the discussion. :)

all us book bloggers, with our freak TBR piles and fierce readerly opinions,....., we think we're totally normal. This is not normal? ^_^

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Great post!! I've entered both contests :)

orannia said...

Or wonking out on the tiny little details.

It makes you realize that you are normal and almost everyone else is weird *grin*

Oh, off to read the posts!