Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Book Trailer Tuesday!

Hey, did you think I forgot Book Trailer Tuesday? Of course not.

Here it is, my trailer pick of the week, for Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book.

I love this deceptively simple trailer. The narration is light and friendly, but ever so slightly foreboding. The art is lovely and unusual, but most of all, I love the depth of it.

Note how the camera seems to move deeper. In a way, it feels like it invites the viewer into the experience of the book itself. It makes the book sound interesting, like there are things to discover and explore. Of course, I already thought that--I do really really want to read this book!!



Go to Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog for more links to Book Trailer Tuesday.

8 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I do like how the camera moves, and gaimans voice, nice

Chris said...

*sigh* Yet another book sitting over on the shelf in the teetering TBR pile...

Christine said...

I love this trailer, too. Especially knowing it's Gaiman's himself doing the narration.

Have you guys heard him read that story he wrote about daughters? I'll look for a link... brb

Christine said...

Okay, that was easy.

It's called Blueberry Girl.

SO. AMAZING.

orannia said...

GRRR! It's so frustrating not to be able to watch book trailers! It's a fault at my end CJ, not your end :) Soon!

Carolyn Crane said...

BlD: It's cool that he did it.

Chris: passed over at Hugos!

Christine: Thanks for the link!!! Cool!

Orannia: Oh, so sorry! My poor dialup friend.

Lea said...

That book trailer is very cool CJ. I really like the 3D effect.

Thanks for sharing.

Anastasia @ Here There Be Books said...

(A MILLION DAYS LATER)

omg, hi first person to do my book trailer meme! Hi!

You know, I haven't actually seen this trailer before, though I must have known it was there when it first came out. I think maybe I didn't want to make myself completely overcome with excitement for THE GRAVEYARD BOOK until I could get a copy for myself? And so I didn't watch it? No idea.

It's a really good book, though! I love how they used Dave McKean's illustrations for the trailer (reminds me of how they used LEVIATHAN's illustrations for its trailer, too).

Thanks for playing Book Trailer Tuesday with me this week!