Saturday, October 24, 2009

Reading personality quiz: Are you a Cinderella or a Little Red Riding Hood?

What is your reading personality? For each question, choose A or B.

You come upon a wolf in a bed. Your typical reaction:
A. Well well well...what have we here?

B
. Get out of here, you freak!!!!

Long road through town . . . or shortcut through the scary forest?
A. Oh, please. The forest. It'll be fine. And if I get into trouble I'll smash somebody over the head with my basket. The road through town is for sissies.

B
. Let me think: walking through a dark, scary, lonely forest or a riding in a fine carriage through town. Hold on, let me get back to you on that.*g*

What sounds more romantic?
A. Hero risks his life to save you and a beloved family member in a bloody and violent scene.

B.
Hero recognizes your true fabulousness and must have you and only you, and this dictates his actions forevermore.


Fashion for an evening out:
A. You go for practicality over style. That said, you want to stand out in a crowd.

B.
Evening out? Style all the way. There's nothing magical about practicality.

Evening out shoe choices:
A. Boots or flats. You prefer shoes you can walk and run in.

B. High heels. Because, hello, why do you think fairy godmothers make coaches with handsome coachmen?

Your problems:
A. They usually come from your not following directions or sticking to a schedule...but sometimes you need to stop and talk to interesting people and pick flowers!

B
. You can usually trace them back to those around you letting you down or being mean or just dense. People, can we try and be decent human beings and all just love each other and get along here?


Most important traits in a hero:
A. Hot, brave and kicks ass. Fun to have adventures with. Good at getting me out of trouble when necessary.

B
. Handsome, wise, strong and rich. Super devoted. Will worship me to the end of time.

Your idea of an excellent romantic gift is:
A. The blood-soaked decapitated head of your mortal enemy. Score!

B.
The most beautiful ring in the world and, oh yeah, a kingdom to help rule over!

***
If you picked more A's: You're a Little Red Riding Hood. You like your HEAs, sure, but it's okay if it's a blood-soaked ending, or if you have to wait for it. Good reading choices: Anne Stuart, Ann Aguirre, ilona Andrews, Laurel K. Hamilton, Kelley Armstrong, Linnea Sinclair,

If you picked more B's: Surprise! You have a Cinderella reading personality. You love traditonal HEAs, magic and moonlight and crazy-in-love heroes, even epilogues with kids. Authors for you: Lisa Kleypas, Lisa Hendrix, J.R. Ward, Julia Quinn

If you went more half and half: You want it all! Drama, conflict, crazy devotion, HEA, heroines who can take care of themselves...extra points for a cool outfit. Authors: Kresley Cole, Meljean Brook, Richelle Mead, Joanne Bourne, some Loretta Chase,

Suggestions welcome! Okay, this post got away from me, and it was harder than I thought it would be to put books in these categories. What books would you put where? I might still shuffle them around.

Special bulletin to Little Red Riding Hoods: Jessica at Racy Romance Reviews is holding an open thread discussion tomorrow night, Sunday, on Anne Stuart's Black Ice! It starts at 7 pm EST.

25 comments:

Nicola O. said...

LOL - hilarious. I think I'm a LRRH reader but lean a little more Cinderella-y where it applies to real life.

I think I'd put JR Ward in the LRRH category, what with the lessers and the corpse mutilation and whatnot.

Did you remember Julia Quinn? Total Cinderella author.

KT Grant said...

I'm Cinderella! I want a man to worship me and only e. LOL

Carolyn Crane said...

Nicola: Ooh, good answer. Cinderella for RL. I added in Julia Quinn - you're totally right. I really went back and forth on JR Ward, bc, aren't those heroines really get the Cinderella treatment, but yeah...maybe I'll change that. Not sure.

KB: oh, you are a Cinderella, huh?

KT Grant said...

I think it's because I am wearing my Saturday glass slippers

Leontine said...

This was a wicked fun quiz!! I am a little red riding hood :D And Linnea Sinclair, heard much about her novels...will throw on my red cloak and check out her novels...ceeya *wink*

Chris said...

I suppose I'm not really surprised that I want it all. :)

Blodeuedd said...

Lol Little red is freaky now when I think about it.
I ended up being Cinderella

Carolyn Crane said...

KB: I'm in giant slippers. Maybe need a new category

Leontine: Ooh, RRH for you! I love your new witchy avatar.

Chris: LOL

Bloduedd: Right, she is a little bit. I didn't mean to make her too pervy. You have a new cool avatar, too!

Nicola O. said...

Hmm, you're right in that Ward's heroines are a little princessy, especially in the HEA. But the stories are pretty gritty and most of them have a "defending their man" sort of moment. She might be one of the "have it all" authors... in fact, most people who complain about her books think that there's too much going on, so there's that. LOL.

Cute slippers, KB!

Michelle Greathouse said...

I'm a halfer. :)

M

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I want it all! I like your choices in that category.

A Library Girl said...

Awesome quiz! It gives me several authors to put on my TBR list (not that my TBR list is getting too short, or anything, but I add to it anyway).

Hilcia said...

Oh, I loved this! I'm a half-half... not a surprise there. I always wanted it all! The gorgeous fashion and shoes that can also be used as a weapon (remember those heels)... I love all your recommendations. ;P

Joanna Chambers said...

C with a bit of LLRH - 75/25?

orannia said...

That's brilliant CJ! I think I'm more Little Red Riding Hood, which I find hilarious!

Was Patricia Briggs in there? She's definitely writes a LRRH heroine IMO :)

Christine said...

This is great! I'm a combination of Little Red and Cinderella. I want it all. :)

Where would author Carolyn Crane fit in on that spectrum. Inquiring, anticipating minds want to know. ;)

Lisa Hendrix said...

Carolyn - What a treat to find myself listed alongside Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas, and JR Ward as your recommendations for Cinderella readers. I feel like *I'm* Cinderella right now!

Donna said...

What fun! I'm a half-half (in reality too). Sounds about right too - World here I come!

Michelle said...

I laughed myself silly reading this quiz. I think I'm a little half and half - which is a nice mix. Who doesn't like to kick butt but still dress up once in a while??

Tricia said...

Oh I love this quiz! I'm a little red riding hood and it fits awesome job on picking the authors.

Angiegirl said...

This is freaking awesome, Carolyn. I was split dead down the middle. Thanks for the laughs!

Alix said...

That was great I was LRRH, very cool, especially as that was my outfit last halloween!

Carolyn Crane said...

Nicola: hmm, you have a good point.

Michelle & Patti: Halfers unite!

A library girl: Can your TBR ever bee to long? Wait, don't answer that!

Hilcia: Okay, now you're thinking! stilletto stakes!

Tump: I would NOT have guessed that about you!

Carolyn Crane said...

Orannia: You're a LRRH? I go that way, too, with a tiny bit of Cinderella. We're twins! And yes, smart about Briggs.

Christine: Ooh, combo. And Carolyn Crane? How funny - I'm going to go with mostly LRRH.

Lisa H: You totally came to mind on that!

Donna & Michelle: Half and halfs! You two are totally well rounded heroines.

Tricia: Thanks! It wasn't easy to pick those authors. Any suggestions welcome.

AngieGirl: You want it ALL!!

Alexa: Another LRRH, yay!

Jessie Sams said...

Hmmm... Apparently I'm a LRRH reader, yet I think that reflects who I am in real life (minus the decapitated head bit). When I read, I tend to want a bit of LRRH mixed in with some Cinderella (as I don't really think those romances are real-world material). When I write, I'm totally more on the LRRH side of things. All in all, fun quiz!