As some of you may know, Chris from Stumbling Over Chaos lives on my same street, just SEVEN blocks away.
Well, we got together on Saturday for an outing, and it was super fun. She picked me up in her car and we had a brief discussion about how some people think it's creepy to meet people online and do stuff with them. Not us!
First stop: Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction bookstore. I will admit, being the online whore I am, I never go to Uncle Hugo's, but that is totally going to change. Chris, you have opened my eyes to my evil ways!
Chris was also a very sinister influence on my TBR pile. Books bought:
- Unshapely Things by Mark del Franco (Chris' recommendation!)
- On the Edge by Ilona Andrews (I went in wanting that one.)
- Tanya Huff, Blood Price (Chris: It's really good!!)
- Nightlife by Rob Thurman (Chris: You haven't read this series yet?)
- Finders Keepers by Linnea Sinclair (I totally wanted to read this one)
- Sins & Shadow by Lyn Benedict (Carolyn: Why haven't I heard of this series? Chris: something something something implying everybody who's cool knows about it.)
- Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire (on my TBB)
The creepy news item:
In honor of Halloween: a creepy writerly observation posted HERE!