Inspired by Maili, Jessica has started an initiative to pay tribute to the pioneering, visionary author, Kathleen Winsor, who wrote Forever Amber, a 1944 trailblazer for some of the best books ever!!
From the obit:
- The Spymaster's Lady by Joanne Bourne - Just enrapturing. If that's a word.
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - Took over my MIND. In a good way.
- Bitten by Kelley Armstrong - It's such a perfect UF/Paranormal/romance blend with a krazy hot scene or two.
- Dark Desires after Dusk by Kresley Cole - Yummy fabulous perfection!
- Deeper by Megan Hart - This is such a strong, lovely, bittersweet romance. The more I think about it in retrospect, the more I love it.
- Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase - So many scenes from this will never leave me.
- Demon Night by Meljean Brook - So into these characters, this relationship, this hotness! Demon Moon, too - oh, oh!
- Kushiel's Dart - Epic amazingness that took my breath away.
- Bound by Your Touch by Meredith Duran - Gorgeous, complex, fabulous.
- Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James - Fun, romance, and an exuberantly satisfying end.
- Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn - so wonderfully gothic and entrancing!
- Emma by Jane Austen - I know, everybody else is P&P, but I'm an Emma gal
- Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole - Okay, can we just say the whole Immortals series?
- Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair - Loving the part-cyborg hero!!
- Dark Lover by JR Ward - I had to put this on. Some very key scenes that I SO loved.
- Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas - So fabu.
Other lists: Romance Rookie, Phyl, Lusty Reader, Avid Book Reader, Kati of Katidom, Nicola at Alpha Heroes, Leontine's (a list that was commented on by JR Ward!!), What Kate's Reading, Kristie J at Ramblings, Kiera's Cogitations and Meditations, Wendy the Super Librarian,
And here are even more lists - collected at Jessica's!