Thursday, September 18, 2008

Feeling blue. Maybe new books will cheer me up!


Actually, I know they'll cheer me up. Especially these beauties that I ordered this week.

Visions of Heat. Okay, I had started Caressed by Ice without having read Visions, and was persuaded to not read this series out of order.  You can't imagine how hard it was to put Caressed down. Maybe you can. I am so into the Nalini Singh world.  

The Bride of Casa Dracula. Oh, shit, I just realized I'm reading this series out of order, too! This is another #3 where I haven't read the #2.  Marta! If you happen on this post, please, avert your eyes! 

I really loved Happy Hour at Casa Dracula, the #1 of these series. (Discussed by me here.) It was so delightful and fun, with a great narrator. Win all three of Marta's books here. Win Bride here. Both contests end Friday.  

UPDATE: Check out the trailer at QB's! I usually don't think trailers are that funny, but this one is hilarious. OMG.

Dark Desires after Dusk. I can't get enough of this crazy Kresley Cole series. I understand this one is about Cade, the rage demon. I have it on good authority that Cade has lickable horns. When you look at Kresley's photo in the back cover, she doesn't look like the kind of girl who would write these sorts of stories. 

Here is a book I wanted to order and was foiled: Death of a Pirate King.  But only the ebook is available now.  Do you have an ereader? I am SO jealous.  It doesn't come out in PRINT until September 29th! I will order it then. I am foaming at the mouth in anticipation for it. Adrien! Jake!  A pirate!!

My two part review of Lanyon's incredible Hell You Say is here.  Bottom post goes first. 


  

18 comments:

Shaymless Aymless said...

Put down CbI! I am impressed. I have a hard time putting down a really good book once I start. Especially for another book.

KT Grant said...

MMM Cade. So lickable those horns of his. But he is quite the slob, so beware!

Carolyn Crane said...

Aymless: it was really hard. I was pretty into it. But, you know, now I'll read visions, and be even more into it. Hopefully.

KB: I thought of you when I said that. I will think of you every time I read about his lickable horns. Aren't you glad?

Wendy said...

I love Cade with his lickable horns but like Katie said, he's a slob. But that's okay, because Holly.. well you'll see - happy reading! :)

Nicola O. said...

Mmmmmm, Cade. Slob? ppffft. My husband makes Cade look like Martha Stewart. Only tremendously lickable.

Eww, did I just put those two images in the same post? Sorry. But Cade is totally my fave KC hero so far.

Enchanted by Books said...

Carolyn! You have to read book two first! It's really good also. You dont want to miss that one. :) You might be lost for some info that happened in book 2 if you skip to book 3.

Enchanted by Books said...

Oh and I was referring to Marta's books in case I wasn't clear. LOL

Bridget Locke said...

Oh...Cade's story. Yum! And then maybe you'll understand why he's in my hut. :D

KT Grant said...

CJ: You are too kind. :D

Anonymous said...

Accckkkk...so many good books to add to my list - the TBR mountain is falling over....sounds like some great picks!!!

Bev(QB) said...

CJ, did you see the book trailor for Bride of Casa Dracula? If not, go watch it, it ROCKS! I've got the link up on my review or just go search youtube. While you're there, check out the Happy Hour at Casa Dracula trailor too.

BTW, you shouldn't have any problems reading book 3 without reading book 2 first.

Carolyn Crane said...

Wendy: I'm a slob, too, so it's sort of okay.

Nicola: Cade is Martha Stewart? Nooooo!

Rach: Uh oh.

Bridget: You got him? Quick thinking.

KB: I will report in.

Kara: you and me both!

Carolyn Crane said...

Bev: Oh, cool! Thanks. I'll put a link. Also, okay, I'm glad I can read #3 without #2.

Carolyn Crane said...

Well, anyway, you and RachNJ discuss it amongst yourselves. But the book will arrive and tempt me, so I'll probably go for it.

Anonymous said...

I just read Visions of Heat and I think about buying Caressed by Ice (not really sure). And Dark Desires after Dusk is a lot of fun!

I tend to go book shopping too, when I'm feeling down. Hope you're feeling better now. :)

Enchanted by Books said...

Book 3 is a new story all together so I guess it's ok. I just think it's more enjoyable read in order. It's been over a month since I read book 2 so I can't remember if it's very important to read in order. I guess it's ok not to.

Carolyn Crane said...

Taja: I am feeling better. And the books have arrived!

Rach: Okay, I'm glad you say that. To be honest, I think it's always better to read in order.

The Bookworm said...

great picks cj, enjoy!
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/