Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday things to do

GIVE
MaryKate of Adventures in Katidom is co-chairing RBTB's Unleash Your Story fundraising team for Cystic Fibrosis, where authors and readers help raise funds for a great cause! Go see what it's all about, and the crazy thing she has pledged!  And Liza at Blogging by Liza has pledged something even crazier! Excellent!
 
WIN
Writtenwyrdd, a blog full of cool fantasy & speculative fiction talk and tidbits, (today is a thing on pre-industrial world building!) is having an anniversary contest where you can win art and mugs, including an Evil Editor mug. (Do you know who Evil Editor is? Check out his query facelifts. Very fun.)

VOTE
Vote here for your fave blogs in the BBAW contest. Cough*bookbingeforbestromanceblog*cough.

FEEL SORRY for me
I am sort of glum. AND I have to work all weekend. But I just wrote the most brilliant radio ad. Now I have to think of some slogans and campaigns for a different company. Then I will go running and then I plan to corrupt my handsome and normally healthy-eating dear husband into consuming some big greasy burritos while watching an old Monk on DVD. Ole! It's Saturday! And then work some more.

LOVE my kitty
Look what Oblio did to our recycling corner. But look how cute he is! It is so hard to be mad at him.

In addition to helping out with the recycling, Oblio enjoys investigating the mysteries of the toilet because, hello, things disappear down it--what is up with that?? One of his most favorite activities is to perch on the rim of the toilet while DH pees, and sometimes Oblio walks back and forth under the pee stream, like it is a magical bridge. I find this oh, about ninety billion times more amusing than DH does.

20 comments:

Christine said...

Better MK than me to make a pledge like that. I donated. Not only is supporting CF research a good idea, but I thought it would be a good idea to put a little extra pressure on MK to accomplish her goal. Hey, what are friends for, right? ;)

Oblio is super cute. Funny how I never tire of seeing pictures of people's pets. And children. They're so entertaining. :)

Christine said...

I forgot to say that my cats are mesmerized by the toilet bowl, too. Not a good idea to forget to flush when the kitty likes to go fishing. Found a used tampon on the floor once. Ew.

Ladytink_534 said...

Aww cute kitty! Jarren's not too fond of the bathroom when hubby's in there because he gives her baths but she loves to sit and wait for me to get out of the shower. She also loves it when I take baths so she can sit on the edge of the tub and play with bubbles (and fingers). She only fell in once (believe me, it was hilarious).

lbgregg said...

Under but not through, right?

Carolyn Crane said...

C: Peer pressure! Yes!

LTk: Oh, funny. I can't believe your husband gives the cat a bath!

LG: Actually, Oblio plays sometimes. His ears and paws have gotten hit.

Kati said...

Hey, I'm 780 pages in already, oh ye of little faith! Woo-woo, I'm gonna do it! And hey, Christine, thanks for the pledge! We're gonna kick some CF ass!

CJ, thanks for the pimp! I need all the help I can get!

I love the look on Oblio's face, "What? You didn't want it like this? You know, you work and you work, and no one appreciates it." You should get Sula to caption it for you and send it to I Can Has Cheezburger. Sooo cute!

Carolyn Crane said...

MK: that would be a really funny caption, actually. You are already 780 in? Wow, you are totally going to do it. I read so slowly.

Wendy said...

Your kitty is absolutely adorable! I'm so jealous, I wish I had a kitty.. or three. :)

lisabea said...

omg cj. i'm concerned about your cats!

Jace said...

Oblio is absolutely gorgeous and adorable. :-) And I've never heard of kittens parading back and forth underneath a "magical bridge" of pee either. LOL

Anonymous said...

Oblio is really cute and adorable. Looking at him in all the mess he made - lol funny. It's like "What do you want? I didn't do it."

We don't have a cat, but ever time one of our neighbours' cats wanders into our flat, we go: "we want one!" It's just so entertaining to watch them. :)

mslizalou said...

I'm in the Unleash Your Story fundraiser too. I pledged to raise $250 by reading 4000 pages this month(I'm at about 1000 right now).

I think I would have been rolling the first time Oblio walked under the pee bridge.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you. I'm supposed to be writing something about a sales referral program as I type this. A burrito sounds awesome.

Sarah said...

Cute kitty! And, looking very helpful.

Hope working the weekend was not too sucky. :)

Stacy~ said...

I see Kati making this goal in a week. She should have gone for 30,000 pages *g*

Aw, the cat is adorable. Those eyes just make you melt.

Joanna Chambers said...

Is Oblio a new Kitty?

Tracy said...

Your kitty is so adorable...I would have a hard time being mad too. :)

Hope you had a nice time with hubby.

ChariDee said...

That's too funny. Our kitty fell in the toilet last week. I'm not sure what the great appeal is to the cats but the toilet, it is catnip.

The Bookworm said...

awww...cute kitty :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Shannon said...

bwah haha! Your cat is made of awesome. :)