Saturday, April 30, 2011

Yay! New books and trading cards!


1. Book #3 is coming! 
I have an awesome new publisher, Samhain, and a December 6th release date for the third and final installment of the Disillusionists trilogy...and soon, a title and a cover. More info on my site. So excited for this book!

2. Wild & Steamy is coming! 
Wild & Steamy will contain three novellas that Meljean Brook, Jill Myles and I have banded together to publish in digital form. The novellas are spin-offs from our respective series. This should be available in June, and I think it's just a fabulous collection.

My novella (see description below) is basically a disillusionists book 2.5 (but you can read it at any point - it relates only remotely to the main story arc). Here is a bit more about the novellas contained in Wild & Steamy:


Mina Wentworth and the Blushing Bounder by Meljean Brook - An Iron Seas novella: Detective Inspector Mina Wentworth isn't pleased when she discovers that her new assistant is the prudish Constable Newberry. With a brutal murder to solve, the last thing she needs is to be shadowed by a disapproving bounder. But while the search for the killer puts their lives in danger, Constable Newberry faces a danger of another kind: to his heart, by the woman forced to marry him. What will it take for this prudish bounder to convince his wife to stay?  

Vixen by Jill Myles - A Midnight Liaisons novella: Miko's denied her were-fox nature for far too long and turned her back on her vixen heritage. But when she meets two very sexy cat-shifters, she has to decide if she truly wants to give up on her frisky side, or embrace it. Because the were-fox in her doesn't want to choose between both men...it wants them both.  
Kitten-tiger & the Monk by Carolyn Crane - A Disillusionists novella: Sophia Sidway, Midcity's most dangerous memory revisionist, seeks out the mysterious Monk in the wasteland beneath the Tangle turnpike. She's hoping for redemption...but it turns out that the Monk is not all that pious, and the turnpike is no turnpike at all.  

  
Trading cards are here...


Check it out! I made trading cards for the Disillusionists to give out at conventions like AAD and RWA.











I loved making these. I want to make them for all my characters - who knows when that will happen, but for now I have 5. The backs, not pictured, are all different and tell about the characters.

Do you like them? Send me a self-addressed stamped envelope and I'll pop a set in the mail for you.



Email me at 

carolyn@authorcarolyncrane.com to get the sekrit instructions to follow.



Uh! Can you believe the way this post is laying out? I cannot control blogger today. But, you get the idea, right? 

 


























  


18 comments:

KT Grant said...

I'd love to see Otto's garden o'cukes. ;)

Carolyn Crane said...

SCREAM. lol. KB.

Chris said...

Good news, good news! AND - it's not raining at the moment. Yay!

Carolyn Crane said...

Chris, can you even believe how much this spring has sucked????

Anna said...

Oh oh and the sun does still exist. Miracle! ;)

Chris said...

I'm in denial that it's actually spring.

Regina said...

I am loving Packard's ...errr .... picture. :)

Regina said...

Where will the ebook be avaiable for sale? (sorry if this is the wrong place to post ....)

Beth Woodward said...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: FANTASTIC news about the book. I love Samhain! I discovered them a few months back, and I've been buying their books frequently since. They've got a great catalogue.

Love the trading cards! I must say...with that lascivious look on Otto's face, that line sounds A LOT dirtier than it did in the book! Not that I mind, LOL!

Carolyn Crane said...

Anna: Shocker, I know!

Regina: LOL. And, the ebook of #3 will be for sale in December (Or did you mean Wild & Steamy? That's some time this June. Soon!)

Beth: Hey, thanks so much! Yes, Samhain has such a cool range of books!!

Blodeuedd said...

YAY!!!!!

Kaetrin said...

the trading cards look great Carolyn - and congrats on Bk3!

orannia said...

I'm so glad to hear that you have a publication date for the third book - YAH! And YAH for the novella!

B.E. Sanderson said...

Squee! for both the third book and for the awesome trading card idea.

Nicola O. said...

Those cards are FABULOUS, I love them!

And your news about #3 just might be the tipping point for me to get an e-reader. Seriously.

Carolyn Crane said...

Thanks so much you guys! And Nicola, aw, that is the sweetest thing to say.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Carolyn, Congrats on the books!!!

And the trading cards are AMAZING! They are so much fun. :) Thank you!

Christine said...

Squeee!!! You're gonna be in an anthology with Meljean Brook! And Jill Myles! Four years ago.... who would have thunk it? So exciting. :D