Thursday, March 18, 2010

Reviewers! xoxo

I am so grateful to everyone who is taking the time to read and reflect on my book, and all the kind, generous words here and elsewhere...

"Carolyn Crane’s debut novel is a brilliant original in every way. Just when I think that urban fantasy heroines are becoming too clichéd and predictable, Mind Games blows me out of the water with its unique premise. Justine does not wield a katana, or ride a Harley, or kick like a ninja. Instead she fights with her mind, and speaking as a nerd myself, I find that concept oh so sexy."
~Rebecca, Dirty Sexy Books; full review here.

"Mind Games is a fast paced book from start to finish, you never know what’s going to happen next! It is completely different from any other Urban Fantasy. . ." ~Wicked Little Pixie; full review here.
"I felt that the high level of psychological insight and inventiveness and terror in this book was its greatest strength, and that extends to its moral psychology. [. . .] When a disillusionist “zings” a target, she experiences a period of not just freedom from her own mental illness, but intense joy, known as ‘”the glory hour”. How strongly can a disillusionist look forward to the glory hour before what she is doing is less about making the world a better place and more about experiencing personal nirvana? This is a book that makes good on the urban fantasy promise of postmodern moral ambiguity."
~Jessica, Read React Review; full review here.

"...I found all the characters interesting and memorable, even the villains. This is a wonderful start to a new series which I am going to continue to read." ~Ellz Reads; full review

"Crane’s writing has a quirky, comic flair, filled with fascinating clues and interesting layers. Like Midcity, Justine longs for a return to normalcy. She’s an imploding misfit who dreams of being average—square, even. [. . .] I can’t say enough good things about this book. I loved, loved, loved it. A+"
~
Author Jill Sorenson; full review here.